About the Sandwich EDC
The Sandwich Economic Development Corporation is a public/private partnership that facilitates the retention, expansion and attraction of business investment to enhance the economic vitality and quality of life for the City of Sandwich.
News & Recent Developments
Northwestern Medicine Valley West Hospital - Northwestern Medicine Valley West Hospital KishHealth System completed expansion to the hospital in 2008. The new addition added two new surgical... Read More
Montcler Hotel & Resort - The Timber Creek Inn & Suites is under new ownership since 2013 at its Route 34 location. The 100 room hotel features 18 two-room suites and 8... Read More
Northwestern Medicine Valley West Hospital Office Building - Northwestern Medicine Valley West Office Building (MOB) – the largest office building ever constructed in Sandwich – has been completed on the... Read More
Goals & Objectives
- Retain, expand, attract and create commercial and industrial businesses in Sandwich through professional marketing, business assistance and entrepreneurship development.
- Facilitate development of an adequate workforce to meet the needs of Sandwich business and industry.
- Create a diversified business, employment and tax base for Sandwich.
- Serve as a forum for leadership interaction among local industries, businesses, residents, educational and government institutions to prepare for and promote managed growth and business development to assure a thriving economy and diversified public funding base.
- Broaden the Sandwich EDC’s funding base and mix.
- Create new jobs within Sandwich for a variety of careers and occupations including office, research and industrial as well as medical industries.
- Identify and advocate for infrastructure improvements, including transportation systems, telecommunications technologies, natural gas, electricity, water supply, and water treatment to ensure adequate and state of the art services for business innovation, attraction and expansion.